For those who aren’t aware, Chivalry II is a multiplayer first-person slasher inspired by epic medieval movie battles. Players are thrust into the action of every iconic moment of the era –from clashing swords, to storms of flaming arrows, sprawling castle sieges, and more. Dominate massive battlefields while catapults tear the earth apart as players lay siege to castles, set fire to villages, and slaughter filthy peasants in the return of Team Objective maps.
This game improves on the original genre-defining Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. Chivalry II invites players to master the blade with an all-new and improved combat system that combines real-time strikes and a free-flowing combo system to speed up the action and let players become a whirlwind of steel on the battlefield.
Created with the ability to fight multiple foes in mind, Chivalry II’s combat mixes the best of both FPS and fighting game genres for an unmatched melee experience.
To celebrate this exciting milestone, all Chivalry 2 players can also look forward to the free Chivalry 2: Tenosian Invasion update, out now on all supported platforms, including PC (Steam/Epic Games Store), PS4 and PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.
“With horses just added alongside our biggest update yet, there’s never been a better time to play Chivalry 2,” said Steve Piggott, Torn Banner Studios’ CEO & Creative Director. “We’ve doubled the size of the game since launch and can’t wait to welcome even more players to the battle on Steam.”
Indeed, the free Chivalry 2: Tenosian Invasion update is the largest and most ambitious content update yet for developer Torn Banner Studios. Players can look forward to a bevy of new content including the introduction of the fierce Tenosian faction, new Team Objective and Team Deathmatch maps, Armory items, weapon skins, and more.
In addition to all of that, for the first time ever, mounted horseback combat comes to the Chivalry franchise, adding a thrilling new way to battle in the genre-defining first-person slasher. Plus, join friends across platforms with the new Console Server Browser.
“We’re so excited for Chivalry 2 to finally hit Steam because we know that the most die-hard fans live on Steam and they are going to get a massive update to make the wait worth their while! Four new maps, a whole new faction, horses, and Torn Banner isn’t slowing down!” said Brian Etheridge, Publishing Director for Tripwire Presents. “There will be even more to keep players playing all-new stuff for the rest of the year!”
Here Are the Chivalry 2: Tenosian Invasion Update Key Features:
- Mounted Combat: The new, fully featured mounted combat system makes players feel like they are fighting atop a thousand-pound beast of war, including the ability to trample your foes, land devastating front or rear horse kicks, unhorse your opponent with a lance and engage in deep melee combat with grounded or mounted opponents. In select Team Objective maps, attacking and defending teams can ‘Join the Calvary’ during key moments, allowing them to spawn alongside teammates on horseback to rally towards an objective.
- Tenosian Faction: New maps and scenarios are set in Tenosia. These strange lands to the south have hovered as a looming threat over the kingdom of Agatha. Now, the serpent empire emerges from the shadows, intent on sinking its fangs into the barbarous lands of the north. A wide array of customization additions comes with the introduction of the Tenosian faction, including new visual and audio differences in armor, helmet, weapon skins, and heraldry with brand-new voice over work and more!
- New Maps: The new mounted combat system will be featured in the following maps included with the Tenosian Invasion update, with plans to incorporate mounted combat into additional classic Chivalry 2 maps moving forward.
- The Breach of Baudwyn (Team Objective Map): Tenosians break through a Mason Bulwark with siege equipment, including new explosive Bombards.
- The Razing of Askandir (Team Objective Map): Masons invade a Tenosian port city, aiming to demolish their lighthouse and burn down their massive library.
- Desert (Team Deathmatch Map): A battle on the outskirts of Baudwyn in the dark, cold night.
- The Charge of Wardenglade (Team Deathmatch Map): The classic open field of Wardenglade, now with horses
- New Armory Items: An array of customization options will focus on the new Tenosia faction, including real-world inspired armor sets and helmets such as the Masked Aswaran, as well as shields like the Dipylon and Sparabara.
- Steam Exclusives: Steam players can look forward to a set of exclusive armory items for each faction, including the Tenosia Beard Helm, Agatha Lion Helm, and Mason Eagle Helm. Steam players who also own the original Chivalry: Medieval Warfare will also receive an exclusive Horned Helmet.
In addition to today’s exciting launch news, Tripwire Presents also announced that Chivalry 2 would be coming to Game Pass on console and PC before the end of the year.