If you’re running Elden Ring in the minimum system requirements, then you may experience issues or lags during the game. While you might consider upgrading some of your hardware, we ask you to try these hacks we have for you first. Below are effective tips on boosting the speed of your gaming PC without breaking the bank. Here are tips to boost your gaming PC for Elden Ring:
- Enable Game Mode on.
- How to Turn Game Mode On
- Turn off any unnecessary background programs.
- How to Close Background Apps/Programs
- Change the Priority Setting for Elden Ring
- How to Change Priority Setting on a Program
- Update all your drivers.
1 – Enable Game Mode on.
Windows 10 and Windows 11 have a Game Mode setting you can enable. When the Game Mode is turned on, your PC redirects all of its resources to the game you are currently playing. So make sure that before you launch Elden Ring, turn on the Game Mode. Follow the steps below to enable this setting to boost your gaming PC for Elden Ring:
How to Turn Game Mode On
- Step 1 – Open Settings from the Start Menu. Simply click the gear icon in the Start Menu, which will lead you to the Settings window.
- Step 2 – Find and select Gaming from the Settings.
- Step 3 – Select Game Mode from the option located at the sidebar. You can also search “Game Mode” from the search box to quickly open its window.
- Step 4 – Click the toggle to turn on the Game Mode.
- Step 5 – Exit the Windows Settings. Refresh your system, and launch Elden Ring.
2 – Turn off any unnecessary background programs.
If the above tip did little to improve your gameplay, then we suggest that you do this second step. Most of the time, when playing games, you don’t pay any attention to the programs or applications running in the background. However, these programs or apps consume portions of your system resources, taking them away from your game. This causes your game to lag or have issues, so it’s best to close all unnecessary programs running in the background.
For example, Chrome takes a lot of resources from your system, so we highly suggest that you close your browser when playing Elden Ring. Another example of background programs that take too much of your resources is your other gaming libraries. You don’t need to close Steam if it’s where you bought the Elden Ring. However, running other gaming libraries or game store interfaces in the background while playing Elden Ring can affect your game. Some game stores automatically update your game, which takes a large portion of your system resources, which can cause issues with the game you’re currently playing.
To close any background apps your not using, follow these steps to boost your gaming PC for Elden Ring:
How to Close Background Apps/Programs
- Step 1 – Open Windows Task Manager.
- Step 2 – Right-click the taskbar to open a list of options. Select Task Manager.
- Step 3 – On the Task Manager window, check the list of programs under Processes. You will see the number of resources your system uses for each program.
- Step 4 – Right-click on programs that you don’t need and take too much of your system resources. Select End Task. This will automatically close down those unnecessary programs/apps.
- Step 5 – Once done, close the Task Manager window.
- Step 6 – Refresh your system, and re-launch Elden Ring.
3 – Change the Priority Setting for the Elden Ring.
Another quick hack to improve the FPS of Elden Ring is to change its Priority Setting. The Priority Setting tells your system which program it needs to prioritize when launched. If a program has a high-priority setting, the system will send most of its resources for that program. In our case, it will be Elden Ring.
To change the Priority Setting of Elden Ring, follow the steps below to boost your gaming PC for Elden Ring:
- Step 1 – Launch Elden Ring on your PC.
- Step 2 – Press Alt + Tab to go back to Windows.
- Step 3 – Open the Windows Task Manager on your taskbar while Elden Ring is running.
- Step 4 – Select the Details Tab in the Task Manager and search for any programs with Elden Ring on its name.
- Step 5 – Right-click on those programs and select Set Priority. Choose High for those programs.
- Step 6 – Refresh the system and re-open the game’s window.
Repeat the process every time you open or launch the Elden Ring. This will help improve its performance.
4 – Update all of your drivers.
Sometimes, our gaming PC isn’t running to its full potential because not all of its drivers are updated. Updating your drivers is crucial as it improves the process of its designated hardware component. Aside from improvements, updates on software drivers also include solutions to previous bugs or issues of the earlier version, so updating it can improve its performance.
You don’t need to manually check each driver and update it. What you can do to save time is install an app that checks your drivers and notifies you when an upgrade or newer version is released for you to install. There are several online apps/programs that have these features. Some come for free, while others have paid versions with better features.
5 – Adjust the Power and Advanced System Settings.
Your PC’s Power and Advance System setting, when adjusted, can significantly improve the performance of your game. So adjusting these settings will help you and your gameplay experience with Elden Ring. Check the steps below.
How to Adjust Power Settings
- Step 1 – Go to the Control Panel from the taskbar.
- Step 2 – Select the Power Options.
- Step 3 – Check the setting of your Power Plan.
- Step 4 – Click the radio button next to High Performance to adjust the setting.
- Step 5 – Close the window.
How to Adjust Advanced System Setting
- Step 1 – Open Control Panel.
- Step 2 – Select System and Security.
- Step 3 – Click System.
- Step 4 – Choose the Advanced system setting.
- Step 5 – Select System Properties and click on the Advanced bar.
- Step 6 – Choose the Settings button below performance, and select the Visual Effects tab.
- Step 7 – Select Adjust for best performance.
- Step 8 – Click Apply and Ok to save any changes.
- Step 9 – Refresh the system and re-launch Elden Ring.
By following these tips, we hope you can experience better gameplay with Elden Ring without the need to upgrade your hardware components.