Fortnite is currently one of the most popular battle-royale games online, released in 2017. In fact, the game has become a worldwide phenomenon, amassing over 350 million players worldwide as of May 2020. The game is available for PC, gaming consoles, and Android mobile devices. But the best way to enjoy the game is to play it on a gaming PC to fully appreciate its graphics and gameplay experience. The good thing is it’s easy to install and set up Fortnite.
Here’s a detailed walkthrough on how to play Fortnite on your gaming PC:
- Check Fortnite’s system requirements.
- Create an account on Epic Games.
- Download and install Fornite via Epic Games.
- Launch and run Fortnite.
- Adjust the game settings.
- Play the game.
1 – Check Fortnite’s system requirements.
Before you try to install Fortnite on your gaming PC, the first thing you need to do is check if your system meets its requirements. Below is a detailed list of Fortnite’s system requirements which includes (1) minimum, (2) recommended, and (3) epic quality presets.
Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Windows 7/8/10 64-bit or Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6
- Processor: Core i3-3225 3.3 GHz
- Graphics Card: Intel HD 4000 on PC; Intel Iris Pro 5200
- Memory: 4GB RAM
Recommended System Requirements
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Core i5-7300U 3.5 GHz, AMD Ryzen 3 3300U, or equivalent
- Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 960, AMD R9 280, or equivalent DX11 GPU
- Video Memory: 2 GB VRAM
- Memory: 8 GB RAM or higher
Epic Quality Presets Specifications
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i7-8700, AMD Ryzen 7 3700x or equivalent
- Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 1080, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, or equivalent GPU
- Video Memory: 4 GB VRAM or higher
- Memory: 16 GB RAM or higher
- Hard Drive: NVMe Solid State Drive
To get the best experience possible, your unit should meet the recommended requirements or the quality preset specifications Epic Games gave.
2 – Create an account on Epic Games.
The only way you can install and play Fortnite is through Epic Games Store. So first, you need to create an account on Epic Games. It’s free, and you can easily follow its on-screen instructions to proceed. To create an account on Epic Games Store, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Go to the official Fortnite web page.
- Step 2: Click the Sign In button located at the top-right of your screen.
- Step 3: Follow the instructions on the screen until you have your own username and password.
3 – Download and install Fornite via Epic Games.
Now that you have an account on Epic, the next thing you need to do is download the game. In the Fortnite link given above, click the Download button next to Sign In. Follow the on-screen steps to go through the installation. Enable the desktop shortcut if you plan to play the game frequently.
Follow the steps below to install Fortnite:
- Step 1: Launch the Epic Games Store and log in with your new account after the store client installation is done.
- Step 2: From the Home screen interface, go to the Store tab and type in Fortnite in the search bar. This should lead you to the game’s listing on the marketplace.
- Step 3: Click the Get button to add the game to your library and begin its installation. If ever you encounter a problem with its installation, such as a pause due to a weak internet connection. Remember that you can always restart the process.
4 – Launch and run Fortnite.
The Fortnite game requires an 80 GB storage disk space, so it may take time to finish the installation. Follow the steps below to launch the game:
- Step 1: Once the installation is done, go to Epic Games library.
- Step 2: Click on the Fortnite icon that you can find on the left side of the Epic Games library interface.
- Step 3: Clicking the icon will initiate and launch the game. Then, you can start playing Fortnite.
5 – Adjust the game settings.
Before you start playing Fortnite, you might want to adjust the settings first. You can change settings in the game like mouse sensitivity, aim sensitivity, graphics quality, key binds, and many more.
To adjust the settings, you can follow the steps below:
- Step 1: On the game’s main menu, click Settings and check all the submenus to make the proper adjustments.
- Step 2: Once you’ve adjusted the settings the way you preferred, go back to the main menu.
- Step 3: Select the game mode and then start playing the game.
6 – Play the game.
To play Fortnite, you need to know the game modes first because you need to choose a game mode. Below is the list of game modes available in Fortnite:
- Solo: A game mode if you’re playing alone.
- Duos: This allows you to play with a friend.
- Squads: Enables you to play the game with two to three players.
- 50v50: Join one of the two teams, each with 50 members to fight against.
- Playground: Practice weapons in the game in this low-pressure environment. It also has sandbox gameplay which allows you to build massive structures.
- Steady Storm: Survive the game with relentless storms.
To proceed with the game, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Launch the game on Epic Games Store.
- Step 2: Select the game mode from the Play button found on the lower left.
- Step 3: Select a game mode, then click the Accept button. If you select Duos or Squad but play alone, select Fill so the game will match you with other players.
- Step 4: Click the Play button to start the game.
Let us know about your gaming experience with Fortnite in the comments below.