Genshin Impact has released the re-run of Tartaglia’s Character Event Wish Banner – Farewell of Snezhnaya. This Event Banner started last week, October 13, and will run until November 2. During its duration, players will have the chance to get the exclusive 5-star character “Childe” Tartaglia. For new players, this is the third time that his banner will be featured in Genshin Impact. And if you still don’t know who Tartaglia is, then this article will tell you.
Genshin Impact Tartaglia, also known as “Childe,” is the 11th of the Tsaritsa’s Fatui Harbingers. They are the executive officers of the Fatui and the Tsaritsa’s top lieutenants. The Traveler and Paimon encountered Tartaglia during the Geo Archon quest, where he caused trouble for the Fatuis to get the Geo Gnosis.
As a playable character, Genshin Impact Tartaglia is a 5-star Hydro character who uses a bow that allows him to deliver ranged attacks. He has a unique ability to change combat stance, switching from ranged attacks to melee combat. Here are Tartaglia’s primary skills:
Cutting Torrent – Normal Attack
- Normal Attack: Tartaglia deals up to 6 consecutive shots with his bow.
- Charged Attack: Tartaglia deals a more precise Aimed Shot with increased Damage. While he is aiming, the Hydro power will accumulate on the arrowhead. Once fully charged and shot, it will deal with Hydro Damage and apply for a Riptide status.
- Enemies that are affected by Riptide will receive AoE Hydro Damage when attacked by Tartaglia in different ways. The Damage dealt will be considered as a Normal Attack DMG.
- Riptide Flash – is a fully charged Aimed Shot that hits an opponent affected by the Riptide. This deals with consecutive bouts of AoE DMG. It can occur every .7 seconds.
- Riptide Burst – defeating an enemy affected by Riptide creates a Hydro burst that inflicts Riptide status on nearby opponents hit.
- Plunging Attack: Tartaglia fires off a shower of arrows in mid-air before falling and hitting the ground, dealing with AoE damage. If Tartaglia is in his Melee Stance, he will not be able to perform a plunging attack.
Foul Legacy: Raging Tide – Elemental Skill
Tartaglia unleashes a set of weaponry that is made from pure water. It deals with Hydro Damage, which surrounds opponents and enters a Melee stance.
In this stance, Tartaglia’s Normal and Charged Attack are converted to Hydro DMG. This cannot be overridden by any elemental infusions. The change on his attack follows:
- Normal Attack: Tartaglia performs up to 6 consecutive Hydro strikes.
- Charged Attack: Tartaglia consumes up to Stamina and unleashes a cross slash, dealing Hydro DMG.
- Riptide Slash: Tartaglia hits opponents affected by Riptide with a melee attack. This unleashes a Riptide slash which deals AoE Hydro Damage. It can occur only once every 1.5 seconds.
After 30 seconds, this skill ends. Tartaglia then returns to his original Ranged stance. The longer Tartaglia stays in Melee Stance, the longer will the cooldown be. If he returns to a ranged stance, it will occur automatically after 30 seconds.
Havoc: Obliteration – Elemental Burst
Tartaglia performs different attacks based on his stance:
Ranged Stance: Flash of Havoc – Tartaglia swiftly fires a Hydro-imbued magic arrow, dealing AoE Hydro DMG and applying for the Riptide status.
Melee Stance: Light of Obliteration – Tartaglia performs a large AoE, dealing Hydro DMG to all surrounding opponents, triggering Riptide Blast.
Riptide Blast – When Tartaglia hits an opponent affected by Riptide, it clears their Riptide status. It triggers a Hydro Explosion that deals with AoE Hydro DMG.
Never Ending – 1st Ascension Passive
This is a passive skill that extends Riptide duration by 8 seconds.
Sword of Torrents – 4th Ascension Passive
When Tartaglia is in his Melee stance, his Normal and Charged attacks will apply Riptide status effects when dealing with CRIT hits.
Master of Weaponry – Utility Passive
This increases your own party members’ Normal Attack Level by 1.
Genshin Impact is a free-to-play game you can download on your gaming PC, PS4/PS5, Android, and iOS devices. After Tartaglia, the next character, Event Banner, will feature Hu Tao.