Genshin Impact has introduced a new fishing system to the game. After Version 2.1 was released, players can now go fishing at fishing spots all over the world of Teyvat. Different species of fish will appear in different fishing spots at different locations and at different times.
The fish caught by players can either be used to make dishes or exchanged for precious treasures at the Fishing Association found in Mondstadt, Liyue, and Inazuma. Another thing to note is that the fishing system also introduces new items to the game, including a fishing rod and fishing baits.
Unlock Fishing System Criteria
- Unlock the Serenitea Pot System
- Complete “Exploding Population” Quest
Fishing Gameplay Overview
There are four kinds of baits: Fruit Paste Bait, Red Rot Bait, False Worm Bait, and Fake Fly Bait. You buy their blueprint from the Mondstadt Angler.
Select the appropriate fishing rod and fishing bait to use.
Each region has its own fishing rod, which works best on their fishing spots. Here are the different kinds of fishing rods:
- Wilderness Rod – obtained from completing Exploding Population quest.
- Windtangler – obtained from Mondstadt Fishing Association. It effectively works in Mondstadt’s fishing spots.
- Wishmaker – obtained from Liyue Fishing Association. It effectively works in Liyue’s fishing spots.
- Narukawa Ukai – obtained from Narukawai Ukai. It effectively works in Inazuma’s fishing spots.
Cast your line and keep track of the fishing progress.
- When fishing, check for ripples in the body of water. If there are ripples, then that is a Fishing Spot. Get close to the Fishing Point to start fishing.
- Each Fishing point refreshes every 3 days. Different fishes spawn as well between night and day.
- Different water bodies contain various species of fish. Before you go fishing, you can check the fish species there and check the appropriate rod and fish bait.
- Travelers can craft fishing baits on the Craft Benches. Different fishing bait attracts different kinds of fish.
- Fruit Paste Bait
- Red Rot Bait
- False Worm Bait
- Fake Fly Bait
- You can exchange the fish you’ve caught for various fishing rods at the Fishing Association located in each region. Using the appropriate fishing rod for the area will increase the chances of catching fish.
To play the Fishing System in Genshin Impact, make sure to download the latest update of the game on your gaming PC, PS4/PS5, or mobile device. Genshin Impact Version 2.1 was released on September 1, 2021, introducing new playable characters in the game, including Raiden Shogun, Kujou Sara, and Sangonomiya Kokomi.