Genshin Impact 2.0 arrives today, which finally introduces players to the city of Inazuma. It will be the third nation to be revealed in the game, following Liyue and Mondstadt. While Mondstadt is inspired by medieval Germany and Liyue is inspired by China, Inazuma’s design is greatly influenced by Japan. This will allow players to explore a new nation that features a whole new environment and feel.
Inazuma as a Nation
Inazuma is ruled by the Electro Archon, Baal, who is also known as the Raiden Shogun. Compared to the first two nations introduced in the game, Inazuma is isolated from all the other nations due to its Sakoku Decree. This was an order issued by Baal to shut down all the borders of Inazuma. People who leave or enter Inazuma must go under the strict assessments by the Kanjou Commission. However, it seems that the Fatui can freely enter and exit the city due to diplomatic immunity.
Another thing that sets Inazuma apart from the other nations in Teyvat, Baal, its Archon, also enacted the Vision Hunt Decree. This decree hunts all Vision holders because Baal believes that all Visions should be in the sole hands of the divinity. Baal rounds up all Visions and offers them in the hands of the statue of the Thousand-Armed, Hundred-Eyed God.
Inazuma and its Geography
Inazuma consists of 6 islands. However, when 2.0 is released, only the first three islands will be available for players to explore. Here are some of the information about Inazuma’s islands:
- Narukami Island – is the home of the Narukami Shrine and the city of Inazuma.
- Kannazuka – is where Travelers can find the Tatarasuna and Mikage Furnace.
- Yashiori Island – it is the island where the skeleton of the great snake lies. The aura of this evil serpent still exists.
- Seirai Island – is an island consumed by an eternal storm.
- Tsurumi Island – is a mysterious island that is enshrouded in fog. According to folks, no one has set foot here for hundreds of years.
- Watatsumi Island – is a beautiful island where plants and trees grow densely. And their color is distinct from those found in other islands.
And since Inazuma consists of six different islands, players are required to use the aquatic vehicle called Waverider added in Version 1.6.
Genshin Impact features a fantasy-inspired world where players are free to explore its different locations. If you haven’t tried the game yet, the game is free-to-play on gaming pc, Android smartphones, and PlayStation 4/PlayStation 5 consoles.