Assassin’s Creed Valhalla gets a new update, and it brings a new game mode. This means players are getting a new way to further explore Eivor’s skills and the world of Valhalla. Alongside the brand new game mode, more updates are added to improve the game’s overall quality.
The update brings the new content called Ostara Season: Mastery Challenge Game Mode. This brings a new Master of ancient arts, which sends Eivor on a quest to prove his/her will. This quest includes trials that transcend the rules of reality.
Below are the following trials that await Eivor:
- Trial of the Bear – this trial will serve as a test of Eivor’s strength.
- Trial of the Wolf – this trial will serve as a test of Eivor’s marksmanship.
- Trial of the Raven – this trial will serve As a trial to test Eivor’s stealth.
This new game mode will unlock new rewards, including new Mastery, and give you more options in combat. In addition, there will be numerous shrines hidden in the world that players must find to open the three trials.
To unlock the Ostara Season: Mastery Challenge Game Mode, players must be at least Power Level 221. In addition, players must have also completed the Uninvited Guest main quest.
There are also new skills added in the game, including:
- Mounted Archer – this enables Eivor to use his bow ability even while mounted on a horse.
- Shield Master – this ability allows Eivor to automatically rotate and block incoming attacks while holding up their shield.
- Unstoppable – During combat, Eivor’s sprint will become unblockable and will knock back enemies but at the stamina costs.
As stated earlier, aside from the Mastery Challenges, the new update will also refresh the River raids. The update also includes several game improvements and balancing updates. There is also the stability update which is ever-present during the new patches.
The new update arrived last June 16, 2021. It will be a 14.14 GB update for gaming pc. The update will also be available on consoles, including PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, and Xbox One.