My buddy and I are only an hour and a half into playing Amazonian survival game, Green Hell’s, new co-op mode. Things started off decently enough, but now we’re standing on the overgrown banks of a deep river. We’re already halfway dead.
After starting to construct our makeshift base we realized that we were starving. So, we managed to fashion a couple of fishing poles in order to catch something to eat. Unfortunately, that’s when the trouble started. First, my friend got a little too deep into the river and got bitten by some type of predatory fish. Then, we realized that sipping the water gave both of us stomach parasites.
My buddy just woke up from passing out earlier. A thunderstorm is rolling in and I’m desperately trying to keep our campfire going. If that’s not enough, we never caught any fish so now we’re beyond starving, and dehydrated as well.
Suddenly, we hear some footsteps in the dense jungle treeline behind us. I just begin to turn around when I hear a loud shriek. I turn back to the fire to see that a spear-wielding native is stabbing my buddy. As my friend breathes his final breaths my screen begins to go dark as my character loses his sanity.
That was our first game of Green Hell’s co-op mode. It lasted all of ninety minutes. Our second lasted ten minutes longer. We initially thought that playing the game’s new co-op mode would be easier since you have additional pairs of hands and eyes available. Instead, you have other people to worry about getting covered in leeches, murdered by natives, starving or dehydrating to death, becoming infested with worms, and other unpleasant events.
Here are some of the details of Green Hell’s new co-op mode from the game’s developers, Creepy Jar:
- Play with your friends — Up to 4 players can tackle the rainforest together in the ultimate bid for survival!
- New voiceovers — Our characters can’t all sound the same, can they?
- New character models — What? You think we have identical quadruplets in here? Different clothing colors and beards will populate for each character in your party.
- In-game chat — Yell at your friends for doing things wrong! It’s fun!
- Redesigned menus — New menu options to make accessing and using co-op a breeze.
- Enhanced leech removal — Be a pal, won’t you? Go ahead and remove the leeches from your buddy’s nether-regions (well, their arms and legs, at least)!
- Integrated invitations via Steam — Inviting a friend is as easy as hunting and skinning a Black Cayman! Okay, it’s actually a lot easier.
Okay, so the last part about skinning a Black Capman might be true, but everything else in this new mode is beyond difficult. Take it for a spin with some buddies and you’ll see what I’m talking about.
OVERALL SCORE: 81%
Green Hell has some pretty good looking graphics that make its survival gameplay truly shine. However, you want to have a pretty beefy gaming PC or gaming laptop in order to play it at a decent framerate. So, you may just want to invest in a decent gaming rig:
Visit CyberpowerPC’s website to check out all of the other great deals as well!