Tropico 6 – The Llama of Wall Street DLC
Limbic Entertainment/Kalypso Media
When Tropico 6 debuted in March of 2019, many of us city-building genre fans were really looking forward to it. The Tropico series as a whole has long-established itself as being quite different from other city-builders and city management games.
In Tropico games, you play as the dictator of a small, medium, or a large Caribbean island. You get to manage just about every facet of your burgeoning country, from the wants and needs of your citizenry, what sort of economy you want to focus on, what sorts of buildings you want to construct, and the like. All of these elements come together in a tongue-in-cheek manner, with plenty of snide humor in just about everything you read or hear.
Tropico 6 – The Llama of Wall Street DLC, is the first paid DLC, but gamers who pre-purchased the base game will get to avoid paying the $10 price tag.
This DLC is all about dominating the worlds of commerce and capitalism. Players who acquire this expansion will be able to manipulate the price of goods, build the Trade Institute building and other new improvements, and can attempt to take down Wall Street itself in a new standalone mission.
Here’s a quick breakdown of The Llama of Wall Street’s new features:
- Enter the crazy world of big business with the new standalone mission: The Llama of Wall Street
- Use new buildings such as the Trade Institute, Toy Workshop, and Smart Furniture Studio to further your economic power
- Expanded gameplay mechanics means goods are now subject to price fluctuations, trade impacts, and trends. Infiltrate global markets to forecast future trends and play the markets as you see fit
- Random events pose extra challenges and will impact global market situations, trade, and production. Keep an eye out and act accordingly
- Sharpen your skills in a brand-new sandbox map
- Make Tropico yours with more edicts, traits and customization options for El Prez and his palace.
The paid DLC launched alongside a free update, which includes:
- New Warehouse building. Store goods and cash out for a quick buck later on!
- Additional sandbox map ‘Rio’
- Community-requested ‘Social Security’ edict, enabling students and retirees to receive money from the government and avoid going broke.
- In-game introduction of the #WorshipElPrez social media contest winner.
As mentioned, The Llama of Wall Street expansion is (not surprisingly) all about economics and big business. While running your country’s economy was always a part of the game, now you can try and influence the international economy for the betterment of your own status and image.
You’ll be working with a mysterious broker who not only has his fingers in the Wall Street markets but also has a secret agenda all of his own. And as you start to manipulate the international markets, you’ll also see prices for supplies change accordingly – so you need to be careful of which options to choose.
Tropico 6 – The Llama of Wall Street DLC is a solid addition to an already fantastically fun game. So, try it out for yourself.
The Tropico 6 – The Llama of Wall Street DLC has some pretty good looking graphics that make its city-building-based gameplay truly shine. However, you want to have a pretty beefy gaming PC or gaming laptop in order to play it at a decent framerate. So, you may just want to invest in a decent gaming rig:
Visit CyberpowerPC’s website to check out all of the other great deals as well!