Before the start of Apex Legends Season One, the game’s developer Respawn Entertainment has dropped a significant balance update. The update is called the “Weapon Balance” and includes specific changes for the game’s two weapons: Wingman and Peacekeeper.
The Weapon Balance Update also brings in fixed scripts to decrease occasional match disconnection brought by some codes present in the game.
Here’s a breakdown of the Weapon Balance:
The Wingman pistol gets the following updates:
- Its rate of fire is now reduced from 3.1 to 2.6 shot per second.
- The damage multiplier of the Skull Piercer Headshot is reduced from 2.5 to 2.25.
- Its base hip-fire spread is increased, and the rate which hip fire spread decays is decreased.
- This weapon’s availability has been reduced in all zone tiers.
The Peacekeeper shotgun gets the following updates:
- Its shotgun bolt chamber rate has been reduced:
- Level 1 mitigation – from 10% to 7.5%
- Level 2 mitigation – from 20% to 13%
- Level 3 mitigation – from 25% to 16%
- Its availability is also reduced in all zone tiers.
Aside from the Wingman and Peacekeeper weapons update, it is also noted that the availability of energy weapons and ammo in all zone tiers have been increased.
Some error scripts causing match disconnection were fixed, which includes the following occasional cause:
- Caustic throwing his ultimate.
- Pathfinder activating his Survey Beacon.
- Gibraltar pulling up his Gun Shield.
- Players removing an attachment.
- Players entering Spectate Mode.
All these updates are now live and are made for all platforms. The next set of balance updates for the legends is scheduled during the start of Season 1.
Apex Legends is a team-based battle-royale shooter game from Respawn Entertainment and EA for Microsoft Windows gaming computers, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. It was released on February 4, 2019, and since then has gained a massive following of more than 50 million players worldwide.