Just after being released on Steam last November 17, this simulation game has already received more than 3,000 positive reviews. Planet Coaster is a theme park construction and management simulation game from Frontier Developments. The game will let you build the coaster park of your dreams, catering guests and making sure it is a happy place to be.
Interested in the game? Here are ten more things you might want to know about this newest theme park simulation game:
- Planet Coaster is considered as the spiritual successor to RollerCoaster Tycoon series. The reason for this is because its developer and publisher Frontier Developments also developed Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 along with Atari, Inc. and Aspyr Media.
- The game actually features a dedicated mode called the “crash mode.” This mode allows the players to construct incomplete roller coasters and let them crash into park’s visitors. This lets the players see the consequences of such accidents. But don’t worry, accidents don’t appear as gruesome as one could expect, the coaster cars are empty, and any visitors who will be hit will not get hurt.
- When its Alpha version was release, Planet Coaster was met with praise. A few months after its pre-release, Frontier announced in April that it grossed nearly two million dollars.
- If Sims got their own language called Simlish, Planet Coaster guests also speak in their own language which is known as “Planco.”
- The game offers total authenticity. It lets you recreate your favorite rides. Build the most realistic coaster and rides, and get the most realistic reactions from your guests. This makes Planet Coaster the perfect business tycoon and simulation game this 2016.
- In Planet Coaster, every park guest is an individual with his/her own thoughts, emotions, and preferences. They will explore the park with their own interest, so players must create attractive rides to keep them entertained.
- Planet Coaster also allows players to sculpt landscapes and play with nature. This means you can rise mountains, form lakes, and even create an island in the sky. How you design your theme park depends on to you.
- The game features a mechanic called the “global village” wherein players all over the world share their creations. Other players can also use their own-designed coasters and rides.
- Planet Coaster also allows players to trade rollercoasters, scenery, park rides, and even an entire park. It lets you enjoy the game with players worldwide.
- Lastly, the game promises to make a designer out of everyone. Feel free to design every corner of your theme park in the exact way you want. Imagination is the limit.
Planet Coaster is available for Microsoft Windows gaming computers and laptops.